Located on St. Bernard Highway in Chalmette, LA the St. Bernard Parish 34th District Courthouse Art Deco style building was built around 1939. During Hurricane Katrina the courthouse, like most of the parish, had floodwaters that completely covered the first floor and caused severe damage.
The building is three stories with concrete and masonry structure including an exterior limestone veneer. The building is eligible for the National Historic Register and is recognized by FEMA as a historical structure. The total restoration project includes exterior wall limestone restoration, new roofing, preservation and rehabilitation of historical paneling, millwork, light fixtures, marble flooring and original plaster walls.Next Project →
Contractor: Landis Construction
Architect: Beazley Moliere
Year Completed: 1999
Size: 20,000 sq ft